Graduate Apprenticeships (GAs) are a ground-breaking initiative, creating degree qualified employees with key skills tailored to the needs of business. We're now delighted to be able to offer our GA programmes to the Orkney business community.
GAs provide some compelling benefits:
- They are a great way to attract new talent to a company or to upskill and reskill existing employees
- All degree programmes are fully-funded by Skills Development Scotland
- They address Scotland’s critical skills needs
- Work-based learning approach ensures practical application in the business environment
- They are an excellent way to recover the Apprenticeship Levy an organisation may already be paying
Source: Skills Development Scotland (April 2020)
An overview of the programmes available
We're currently offering three GA programmes to the Orkney business community. These are now available with January start dates.
BSc (Hons) Construction and the Built Environment
- Our CBE programme aims to develop high quality employees capable of playing key roles in leading organisations across the construction industry, general contracting and consultancy.
- We are internationally renowned as a leader in construction research and education.
- The programme is fully accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- We are ranked No.1 in the UK for Building (Complete University Guide 2020).
BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- The programme covers the modules of structures, geotechnics, water engineering and transportation engineering, and provides students with the key skills and knowledge required to become professionally recognised civil engineers, capable of playing key leadership roles in an organisation.
- The programme is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) of The Institution of Civil Engineers, The Institution of Structural Engineers, The Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation and the Institute of Highway Engineers.
- We are ranked in 1st in Scotland and 6th in the UK (The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020).
BEng (Hons) Engineering Design and Manufacture (Electronic or Mechanical)
- The programme is designed to develop experts in the following areas: Engineering Design; Manufacturing Engineering; Engineering Consultancy; Engineering Operations Management; Engineering Project Management.
- We offer Graduate Apprenticeships in the two sub-disciplines of Mechanical Engineering and Electronic Engineering.
- The EDM (Electronic) programme is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
- We are ranked 1st in Scotland and 5th in the UK (The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020).
Complete the short form opposite to find out more about this great opportunity. A member of the team will get straight back to you.